(This photo was taken from www.postsecret.com)
I spend a lot of time thinking about all the things I wish my mom was. Or- that I wish a brand new mom could be to me. So here's what my perfect mom would be like:
- She would have psychic powers and do things like bake me cookies when I came home from a rough day at work or just had a rough day in general. They would be soft chocolate chip cookies, no walnuts, and she'd have a big glass of milk, a snuggle, and a low key cheesy kids movie at the ready. She'd listen for hours and not leave my side until I said so. Those are the rules!
- She's smile a lot and tell me the things she loved about what was uniquely me. She wouldn't take credit for those things she liked about me. She'd let me own the like the individual, independent, woman I am.
- She'd have a genuine "I'm a good person and you can feel safe with me" twinkle in her eyes
- She'd give kick ass hugs and know just what to say
- She'd encourage me to chase my dreams, even when I didn't know what they were
- She'd bail me out of tough situations when I really needed her to
- She would leave me little "I love you" notes in places for me to find
- She'd go shopping with me, have girly time with me, take me to get my nails done, and go for massages with me. She wouldn't tell me ONCE how chubby I looked that day or how worried about money she was.
- She'd know what I liked and didn't like and what mattered to me. She'd support what I believed in.
- She'd be happy for me when I was happy.
- She'd get to know and love, and appreciate my partner.
- She would love me.

No comments:
Post a Comment